What to do
1. Lottery winners fill out a full application
- If MOHCD selects your application from the lottery, you must send in a DALP Full Application package with all required supporting documents. You will have 5 business days to send in the complete application package after you are being contacted.
- Keep in mind that depending on your ranking in the lottery, it may take several months or longer until you are contacted.
2. MOHCD reviews applications of the lottery winners
If MOHCD determines you're income-eligible, MOHCD will issue a DALP pre-approval and reserve the funds for you. Typically, MOHCD completes the application review within 15 business days upon receipt of a complete application package.
3. Buyer goes into contract to purchase
- If you get a DALP pre-approval, you have 90 days to enter a sales contract for any property on the open market.
- Once you're in contract, you will work with your mortgage loan officer on loan approval.
- You must also meet with your housing counselor to get a certificate of homebuyer education.
4. MOHCD final approval
- Your mortgage loan officer will send the lender package to MOHCD for final approval. MOHCD will take 15 business days to review, and issue a loan commitment letter if you meet the program requirements. The letter allows 30 days to close the sale.
- At closing, you pay a DALP program fee as part of your closing costs.
5. Before final closing
You will be able to do one last walkthrough of the property.
Last updated April 27, 2023