Apply directly for rental housing
View listings and apply for rental housing opportunities on the DAHLIA San Francisco Housing Portal.
View and apply for First-Come, First-Served BMR Rental housing opportunities.
Information about rental housing programs
Inclusionary Housing Program (also known as "Mixed Income" or "BMR")
- Units are rented below market rate, in market-rate buildings built by for-profit developers.
100% Affordable (also known as "Multifamily")
- All units in the building are rented at reduced rates, often by non-profit developers working with MOHCD.
- Former public housing from the SF Housing Authority is also being converted to 100% affordable buildings.
Other rental programs
- Apply online! The Plus Housing Program helps low-income people living with HIV (depending on need) get placed in rentals units or get subsidies.
You can contact the following organizations about available rent subsidies.
- Subsidized housing voucher program for assisting very low-income residents renting in the private market.
- Operated at the federal level by the San Francisco Housing Authority
Other rental opportunities
These lists are developed each month by community nonprofit agencies.