What to do
The City & County of San Francisco makes daily payments to our vendors, contractors, and suppliers through Paymode-X™, an online payment provider (also known as "Automated Clearing House" or "ACH" payments). All vendors with new and extended/renewed contracts must sign up to receive electronic payments from the City through Paymode-X™.
If you were recently assigned a Supplier ID from the City & County of San Francisco, Paymode-X will contact you in approximately 1-2 weeks to assist you in applying for electronic payments.
NOTE: You do not have to be a customer of Bank of America Merrill Lynch to receive Electronic Payments from the City & County of San Francisco.
- Saves time and money – Electronic Payments can reduce labor, hassle, expenses, and risk associated with checks.
- Fits with existing systems and banking practices – Paymode-X™ requires no software purchase, no modification to your accounts receivable system, and no change to your bank or bank accounts.
- Includes remittance information from our check stub – Paymode-X™ provides the remittance information printed on our check stub with the electronic payment for easier reconciliation. You will also be notified by email each time you receive a payment.
- Provides payment history – A detailed history of all Paymode-X™ payments from the City and County of San Francisco will be available to you on the Paymode-X™ website.
- Easy enrollment – It can take you less than 10 minutes to enroll. You will be notified by email when you are ready to receive Electronic Payments.
Last updated February 26, 2024