What to do
Before the examination date, make sure to follow the instructions provided to you by the analyst responsible for the recruitment you've applied for. These instructions may include additional details about the examination location, hours, and accessibility.
What to bring with you
Photo ID, like your:
- Driver's license
- ID Card issued by the DMV
- Passport or military identification card
- Green card
- Pencil or pen to write with (and a highlighter if needed)
- Bottled water (optional)
All other materials and supplies for your test will be provided.
No food or electronics in exam room
The following are not allowed in the test room:
- Food and beverages besides bottled water
- If you are found using personal electronic devices during an exam, you may be disqualified.
Arrive on time
- Allow extra time for traffic.
- If you arrive late for your appointment, you may not be able to take the test.
- Your exam will not be rescheduled.
Request for an accommodation
To ensure that all individuals have an equal opportunity throughout the hiring process, the City of San Francisco offers reasonable accommodations to applicants in need.
Last updated December 4, 2023