Request new street markings

Request new crosswalk, bicycle lane, turn lane, bus lane, or other street markings.

What to do

If the street you want to request new markings for is in a City park, submit a park related request instead to have this routed to the right agency

If you want to request repair or repainting of existing street markings, file a report to request street maintenance instead.

1. Fill out a form

Tell us what markings you want and where. 

We will need:

  • The location. Provide the closest address or intersection to the position on the street.
  • A description of the new street markings being requested.

2. Track your case

After you report, you will get a tracking number from 311. You can use this number, or your email address, to track your case online.



Call 311 to make a report


415-701-2311 if calling from outside San Francisco
For TTY, press 7

Get help



415-701-2311 if you are calling from outside of San Francisco

For TTY, press 7

Last updated August 14, 2023