Report fumes, odors, or second hand smoke

Report a complaint about fumes, odors, or second hand smoking inside a business, hotel, or residence.

What to do

In an emergency or other life-threatening environmental hazard, call 911. 

For outdoor air quality complaints

If you have a complaint about air emissions from industrial plants, factories, refineries, or chemical air pollutants, contact the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.

For gas odors

If you notice a gas odor, contact the San Francisco Fire Department or PG&E.

For second hand smoking and other air quality concerns

Call 311 to make a report


415-701-2311 if calling from outside San Francisco
For TTY, press 7

Get help



415-701-2311 if you are calling from outside of San Francisco

For TTY, press 7

Last updated April 10, 2024