Report damaged paint in homes with residents older than 6 years of age

Ask for an investigation and file a complaint of peeling paint.

What to do

Make a complaint

Before reporting an issue to the City, ask your property owner to address it. The City may write a Notice of Violation requiring the property owner to correct the problem. Tenants, regardless of age, have a right to a home with intact paint.

Get help



415-701-2311 if you are calling from outside of San Francisco

For TTY, press 7

Last updated April 19, 2024