Non-citizens who meet these qualifications are eligible to register and vote in local School Board elections.
- Resident of San Francisco and do not plan to move before the date of the School Board election.
- At least 18 years old on the day of the School Board election.
- Parent, legal guardian, or caregiver* of a child under 19 living in San Francisco.
- Not in state or federal prison for the conviction of a felony.
- Not currently found mentally incompetent to vote by a court.
*A caregiver is someone who signs the affidavit to enroll a minor in school and consents to school-related medical care on behalf of the minor. This is determined by state law, in CA Family Code §6550-6552.
Immigrant Parent Voting Collaborative, a group of San Francisco organizations that advocates for community voting rights in San Francisco schools:
Last updated August 11, 2023