The Community Challenge Grants Program (CCG) provides grant funds to nonprofit organizations. Our program is an important tool for building resilient San Francisco neighborhoods. CCG has funded community-led projects that:
- Enhance San Francisco's beauty with street maintenance and graffiti abatement;
- Create community gathering or open space areas;
- Improve streetscape design;
- Increase urban greening and agriculture;
- Create and install public art or other amenities that beautify the neighborhood.
Voters approved the Neighborhood Beautification and Graffiti Clean-Up Fund in 1990. The Community Challenge Grants program launched with funds from voluntary payroll and business tax elections.
The Community Challenge Grants (CCG) Program is a division of the City Administrator's Office.