Two more storm systems are expected to move through San Francisco over the next four days bringing several inches of rain and winds that could surpass 30 mph.
In advance of these storms, we want to encourage building owners to take some basic precautions and be mindful about the potential impact on your property.
Before a storm
- Close and latch any operable windows and remind your tenants to take this simple but important step.
- Remove all loose or unsecured objects from balconies, roofs or other outside areas. Holiday decorations and outdoor furniture may be especially vulnerable to the high winds.
- If you see any cracks or signs of distress around a window, contact building management to help secure the opening.
- If construction work is happening at a building, scaffolding and construction equipment and materials should be secured on roofs and outside areas.
During a storm
- If you see something of concern about a building, call 911 if it’s an emergency or there’s an injury.
- Otherwise, file a report at 311 and the Department of Building Inspection (DBI) will send an inspector to investigate.
Thank you for your vigilance and please be safe.