Required documents for CityBuild certification

This page explains how to submit proof of identity and proof of residency documents for program participants of CityBuild (including CityBuild's Employment Network Services).

1. Certification Form

Complete and submit this certification form to your employment liaison or by emailing

2. Proof of identity

Attach one of the following forms of photo identification to your certification.

  • California Driver’s License
  • California Identification Card
  • San Francisco ID Card
  • Consular Card
  • U.S. or Foreign Passport
  • U.S. Permanent Resident Card

3. Proof of residency

If the addresses on your proof of identification and proof of residency match, attach one document from section A.

If the addresses on your proof of identification and proof of residency DO NOT match you can submit either:

  • Two documents from section A
  • Or one document from Section A and one document from Section B

*CityBuild will not accept two documents from Section B for certification.

A. All documents must be dated within 90 days

  • Utility bill (PG&E, AT&T, Comcast, garbage, water, etc.)
  • Public benefits letter from City or State Agency
  • Child support letter or notice
  • Unemployment check stub from EDD
  • Bank or Credit Card Statement
  • Insurance bill (health, life, car, home, etc.)
  • Jury Summons or Court Order
  • Financial Aid Award Letter

B. All documents must be current within 1 year

  • Lease or Rental Agreement or Receipt
  • Letter from Homeless Shelter/Transitional Housing
  • Signed declaration from parent/home owner
  • Vehicle License Registration Card
  • Notice of EDD Unemployment Insurance Award
  • Property Tax Receipt issued by Office of the Treasurer
  • State or Federal Income Tax or Refund Statement
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Proof of minor enrolled in SFUSD school
Last updated June 30, 2022