Hire staff for your cannabis business

The cannabis business application will ask about organizational structure and how you will work with unions.

What to do

We will ask you for the following information on the Staffing and Labor Peace Agreements form on the cannabis business application.

Decide how many people you will hire

We will ask about how many staff you will have. You’ll also upload an organizational chart of your business.

Work with unions, if you have 10 or more employees

If you have 10 or more employees, you must enter in at least one labor peace agreement with a union. You will upload a copy of these labor peace agreements. You may also upload collective bargaining agreements, if you have them available.

A labor peace agreement allows a union to try organizing workers at your business. The union then agrees not to cause a disruption at your business.

We have no requirements on which unions to work with. The unions you may choose are those that may represent your employees.

You must get your labor peace agreement checked by the Office of Economic and Workforce Development.

Work with the City to hire for entry level positions

You must work with the Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) to hire residents through the First Source Hiring program.

Work with OEWD to get started. You will complete and sign the First Source Hiring Agreement for Cannabis Businesses.

Get help

Last updated June 30, 2022