Get other permits to open a cannabis business

Cannabis businesses might need other permits and pay other fees to open their business.

What to do

1. Get your plans reviewed

Go to the Department of Building Inspection (DBI) to start plan reviews. You will need to provide 3 copies of your plans.

DBI will let you know which plan reviews you need. They might include Fire, Mayor’s Office on Disability, and the Department of Public Health.

See plan review services from DBI

Department of Building Inspection

1660 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103

Mon to Fri, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm

View location on google maps

Closed legal holidays.
We do not see people or take payment after 4pm.

2. Get a job card

DBI will give you a job card after your plan reviews.

The job card allows you to start construction or remodeling. You must get inspections from DBI afterwards.

3. Get other permits

The permits you need depend on what your business does.

Get help

Last updated June 30, 2022