Meet with City departments about your proposed cannabis business

Meet with departments before getting plans reviewed, to prevent delays during construction.

What to do

1. Get referred to SF Planning

You can get your plans checked to see how they meet the Planning Code. This could save you time, before you formally submit them to the Planning Department.

2. Get Land Use Entitlement

You will be assigned a planner to guide you through a Land Use Entitlement process. This may include a hearing in front of the Planning Commission.

3. Prepare to apply for building permits

You can meet with other City departments before drawing your plans. This can save you time and money during plan review and construction. You will pay hourly consulting costs.

Department of Building Inspection will help you navigate other departments you might need. 

Fire will inspect capacity, and sprinklers if applicable.

Department of Public Health can advise businesses that will manufacture, cultivate, and have retail consumption lounges. The first hour of consultation is free for Equity Applicants.

Get help

Last updated June 30, 2022