Report a blocked pedestrian walkway or sidewalk

Request to remove an object that is blocking a walkway or sidewalk.

Anong gagawin

If a person is blocking an entrance or providing less than 6 ft of clearance on a sidewalk, call Non-Emergency Police at 415-553-0123. Do not submit a report. 

If the problem is about outdoor seating of a restaurant or bar, use a different form for faster response. 

If the problem is with a parked bikeshare bike, use a different form instead

1. Fill out a form

Describe the issue you want to report. 

We will need:

  • The location
  • The object blocking the walkway (for example, construction equipment, news rack, or tree shrub)

Include a photo to assist with identification of the issue and response. 

2. Track your case

After you report, you will get a tracking number from 311. You can use this number, or your email address, to track your case online or on the SF311 mobile app

Expected Response Time

Most problems will be inspected within 3 business days:

  • Cafe table and chairs
  • Display merchandise
  • Encampment
  • News rack
  • Port-a-potty (portable toilets)
  • Residential toter (trash can)
  • Scooter
  • Privately maintained trees

Other problems will be inspected within 5 business days:

  • Construction equipment
  • Dumpsters



Call 311 to make a report


415-701-2311 if calling from outside San Francisco
For TTY, press 7

Mobile App

Mobile App

Use the SF311 Mobile App to make a report

Download our mobile app to report a problem and track your request! Available on Android or iOS.

Learn more about the SF311 mobile app.

Humingi ng tulong



415-701-2311 if you are calling from outside of San Francisco

For TTY, press 7

Last updated August 14, 2023